Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting Ready to Blog

Hi Folks,

I am getting ready to resurrect this blog. It won't be a fiction blog, at least not long serialized pieces like there were in the past, but it may contain occasional short fiction or poetry. Rather, I am hoping to use this forum to explain what I learned about writing and publishing over the last few years while I took the plunge and quit my day job to become a world famous author and publisher. Tip #1: don't quit your day job.

Meanwhile, I've run across some interesting links that I will share with you now:

Gaping Void: How To Be Creative, be sure to scroll down and see the whole post. Very useful ideas for anyone trying to create something.

Stuff White People Like, a hilarious jab at culture in general (not offensive or racist)

Tech Crunch, a very up-to-the-minute technology blog, very useful links to current stuff

PUBLISHING IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY, a sobering three-part article about the state of the publishing world by industry veteran Richard Curtis. It makes you realize that connecting directly with readers will be the way of the future for writers. I really think traditional publishers and agents are going the way of the dodo bird.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home